Thursday, March 11, 2010

Loving A Great Start

So far for 2010 I don't have any complaints. Things are actually going very well. 2009 was such a rough year for myself and my family so it's nice to have a reprieve. Since I missed my annual New Year's post with a recap and an outline for the year ahead, I'll do it now.

2009 highlights and letdowns:

My mother passed away March 18th of 2009. Definitely not a good way to start the year.

I celebrated my 5th year with Barnes and Noble. It's encouraging to me that I still love it at B&N too. I thought by now I'd be itching to look elsewhere, but I'm still exceptionally content. Although, who wouldn't want to work surrounded by books all day?

We hit a road block in trying to have a child, but I've grown closer to my husband in trying to figure out a solution that we're comfortable with.

We bought a house February 13th, 2009. It was a big, exciting decision. Almost a year later and we're still trying to decorate and organize. It'll be an ongoing process I think.

2010 hopes and dreams:

We will hopefully figure out the best way to grow our family.

Nick finally got to start playing hockey and had his first experience playing on the ice a few days ago. I'm so excited for him since he's wanted to do this for so long.

I'd love to see a successful fiscal year at B&N for my cafe. Almost 6 weeks in and we're hitting plan and average $ so that's a huge success! :)

I've been pursuing photography as a hobby and am thoroughly enjoying it. It's a great outlet in my free time.

We're working towards heading to Disney World in the spring for the first time together. I've only been once previously and would love to go again.



I'm sure there is more, but for now that's all I can think of. I'm very excited about what 2010 could bring.

Utah in 9 days!!

No comments: