Friday: Friday I flew to Utah. My flight left at 6am and I woke up at 3:45am. Let's preface this by saying that I didn't go to bed until about 1am. So that's what, not quite 3 hours of sleep? I had intended to sleep on my flight and make up for my lack of sleep. Alas, there were other plans. The guy who sat next to me talked THE WHOLE TIME. Who is that awake at 6am to talk for the entire 1 and 1/2 hour flight? I got to hear about his career (stationed at Fort Bragg and taking his R&R), his ex (their on the outs b/c she won't commit), his dogs (2 of them who were flying over with him), his mother (and her opinions on his ex), and much, much more. My next flight from Atlanta to Salt Lake wasn't so bad. It was actually humorous. The guy and girl next to me both got positively smashed and the girl next to me passed out. It was a good time. I basically just watched HGTV the whole time. Sounds fun to me since we don't have cable. When I landed we went to lunch and then home to rest and change. We met up with Juls later to go to the mall and then went home for dinner.
Saturday: We had the best time! Mel and I took off leaving Marcus with Cooper and went to Temple Square. We went in and saw the tabernacle. It was absolutely gorgeous. Of course, that doesn't even compare to how gorgeous the Temple was. It was absolutely beautiful. We walked around the temple and got to watch several couples come out from their sealing and have their pictures taken. It was such a blessing to see. There's nothing more special and the look of excitement and love on their faces was a joy to watch. 


We had a great time. Seriously the best! I've missed my Julsy.
I'll bore you with my update from today later. If you've made it this long then you deserve a medal. Congratulations!
No comments:
Post a Comment