Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Take A Second

I have a few friends who have had some real trials lately and it makes me realize how I take things for granted so often. I take so much time to think about my own trials with conceiving that it's easy to forget how blessed I truly am.

I have an absolutely amazing husband. We may bicker and annoy each other sometimes, but he truly is a great man. He has stood by me through some of the most difficult moments of my life. He supported me through our miscarriage and encouraged me that it was okay to grieve and that he would be there for me. He has also held my hand through the 17 months of trying to conceive that we've experienced so far and reminded me that we will be blessed with a child one day. He never ceases to amaze me. I know how tiring trying to conceive has been on both of us, but he is always willing to do what he can to ease my worries.

I have a great sister. Not only do I have her as a sister, but I also get to live with her. I have a best friend there constantly. I'm never alone and she will do anything for me. I love knowing that I can see her every day and we can hang out whenever we want. She'll be an amazing aunt one day and her neice or nephew will get to see her every day as well.

There are so many things that I complain about and when I have time to think I realize how selfish it can be. I have my life's problems like everyone else, but I'm also blessed enough to have people there for me.

Nothing should be taken for granted.

5 comments:

cheryl said...

I couldn't have said it better myself! I know this has been a hard year for you, but I'm so proud of you and Shannon. Hopefully this cancer thing will soon be in the past and I can be the mom that I want to be for you. Love ya' bunches!!!!! Oh, and I agree, Nick's a great husband!

Anonymous said...

I've been feeling the same way. I really enjoyed reading this.

Unknown said...

I think I just get so caught up in the "I can't have a baby" and "it's not fair" that I forget that it could be so much worse. Of course, I think of how much Stacy and Jeanne have been through and realize how lucky I am.

camille said...

AMEN Slim. thanks for doing this post. it helps keep things in perspective when we think outside ourselves. I am trying to really seek out the things I have to be grateful for, and am trying to focus on those more.

camille said...

AMEN Slim. thanks for doing this post. it helps keep things in perspective when we think outside ourselves. I am trying to really seek out the things I have to be grateful for, and am trying to focus on those more.