Friday, August 5, 2011

Oh How Time Flies

Am I the world's worst blogger? I seriously never update.

I found a new acupuncturist in Raleigh to see. It just wasn't feasible to make the trip to Charlotte every week with the new job. I was skeptical to find someone I liked as much as Dr. Peek from Charlotte Acupuncture. Well after careful research and scouring the internet for acupuncturists in Raleigh who also dealt with traditional Chinese medicine and who was a woman I finally found one. Jennifer Spain of Ancient Elements Acupuncture. And you want to know something? I like her even better. We just click on a different level. Absolutely nothing was wrong with Dr. Peek, we just didn't mesh as well. Jennifer is so kind and so informative. She also offers late office hours which is helpful since some days I work later than others. I'm so excited to go on this journey. After Melanie went in to labor the other day I really remembered how badly I want children and how I'm even more ready to take the plunge to try to get there.

Speaking of Melanie, she had her baby the other day. And she's so cute! Not to mention that Melanie is a rock star and did everything, but the pushing at home with absolutely no drugs. My inspiration for any future deliveries I might have!

Everything is pretty calm around here. My new job is incredible. I love it. I finally feel happy in my career and enjoy heading in to work. Not only do I enjoy the job, but I also like dressing like a grown up in cute clothes. Call me superficial, but I feel so much better about myself when I know I look better.

Tuesday evening Kenobi had an allergic reaction to his vaccines. He was fine while getting them and when Nick brought him home, but after his walk things went south. He kept rubbing his face on the carpet and all of a sudden we noticed that his whole face was swollen. Badly. His eyelids were so swollen that you could see the pink of the skin because there was enough hair to cover the swollen skin. And as you all know, Kenobi does not lack in the fur department. It was so heartbreaking and scary. After a call to the emergency vet, we gave him a benadryl and he seemed to settle down. He had to wear his cone that night and by the next morning his eyelids and snout seemed much better.

Well, I'm off to join my love on the couch for some tv time. Happy weekend!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Katie!!! You are so sweet! :) I am so excited about your new acupuncturist!!! It's so great that you are bring so proactive about it! You are next! I know it!

Love you! :)