Saturday, July 9, 2011

My Sunshine

As I'm sure you all know, this is Kenobi:
Kenobi is my baby. Laugh all you will, but he is. He makes me smile, loves me unconditionally, frustrates me, challenges me, and makes me realize that life is wonderful.

Now I wouldn't say I've ever had a "pet" before. My mom had cats when we were growing up. I strongly dislike cats. And they certainly weren't mine nor did I help take care of them. I never really understood the attachment people have to their pets. I sure do now.

Kenobi has helped me cope immensely with being told that children may not be a possibility for us. Being a puppy parent is sure a close second.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

He's so cute! And yes, you can definitely have a "human" attachment to an animal. I felt like the black lab I had growing up was just as valuable as one of my siblings. I mourned her death for quite a long time.

Heather said...

He is a precious baby Katie! I have so many friends whose dogs or cats are their babies. It is a wonderful bond.