Friday, March 18, 2011

The Evolution of My Vehicles

I'm 25. I've owned 6 cars. This can't be good. I blame it on the fact that my first few cars were utter crap. That's not to say there weren't good memories in those cars. Oh, the memories.

My very first car. It was a 1994 Ford Escort. My mom gave it to me when I began my senior year of high school. It promptly got wrecked 3 months later. I will forever maintain that the car in front of me ran over me. Who cares what the insurance company thought? So unfair! So let's see this was car 2002-2002

My second car. Oh. I loved that car. My friends and I affectionately named it The Pink Bomb. We went everywhere in it. Everywhere. It was awesome. I bought it from my ex-boyfriend's parents for $1700. Quite the steal for a 16 year old. Yes, it was actually this color. Except maybe more salmon like. Yet again: The Pink Bomb.

2002-2004

My third car. Quite the piece of crap. I owned it less than a year. The engine blew up about 9 months after I got it. Nick couldn't even fix it. And Nick can fix anything. He's a genius like that.

Circa 2004-2005Car number four was also a piece of crap. The second worse piece of junk I've ever owned. What can I say? I was in a terrible spot needing a car and has to take the first thing I could get. Don't judge.

Circa 2005-2007

Once Nick and I got married in 2006, he pretty much said that I couldn't own another piece of crap. He refused to work on them. So we got a new car for me. And I loved this car. It broke my heart to sell it a few weeks ago, but I needed something bigger and it's easier for Nick to fix Toyota cars so I sold it. Bye bye Galant GTZ. I've owned this car longer than I've owned any car.

Circa 2007-2011
Which bring us to my new car. My Rav4. I love, love, love it. It's incredible. The best car I've owned so far. It's large enough, cute, sporty, etc. I will own this for a long time.

Circa 2011-whenever Nick can't fix it anymore.
So yeah, I've owned a lot of cars. I swear I'm a great driver though. Ask Nick. I just evidently like to buy vehicles. A lot of them.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love your new car! We've owned 13 cars. Yikes.