Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Numerous Blessings

The other day Nick and I were trying to list our blessings. A lot of times I feel like not being able to have a baby makes me forget that I have many other things to be thankful for. It's very easy to forget that there are so many things going right in my life just because the one thing I really, really want I can't have (yet). Here are some wonderful blessings in my life:

*We are blessed enough to have bought our first home and to be able to decorate it and make it our own. It's a beautiful house and the perfect first home.

*I have a job that I love where I am appreciated and enjoy my coworkers.

*My husband has an incredible job with people who truly recognize his talents where he makes enough money that I can work a little less to spend more time at home.

*We have a wonderful furbaby who is the light of my life right now. He's absolutely wonderful.

*I don't really want for anything. Obviously I don't have everything (like a brand new car, a huge house, etc.), but there aren't too many things that I'm denied if I feel I really need it.

A lot of times it's easy to overlook the blessings you do have because you're caught up in the things you don't have. Obviously we still really want children, but for now I'm going to just enjoy the things that I have. The Lord has blessed me and I'm trying to remind myself often.

No comments: