As most of you know about 12 years ago I suffered a fall while working on some cheerleading stunts during gym class in preparation for try outs the next week. Since then, I've suffered from horrible lower back aches as well as headaches 3-4 days a week with a migraine about once or twice a week. Between then and out 2 weeks ago I was averaging only 1 or 2 days a week without a headache of some sort. With some much needed pushing I finally made a call to a chiropractor. And it explained a lot. Not even just about my headaches and backaches, but about some other issues I've been experiencing as well.
I found a wonderful chiropractor. She is amazing. She's nice, personable, specializes in headaches and neurological issues (turns out I have those too, but I digress), and she truly wants to help me get better. If any of you needs a chiropractor I highly recommend Dr. Porter.
I went in for my consult two weeks ago. We discovered that my hips are crooked, my pelvis is slightly twisted, my shoulders are uneven, my spine has rotated so that my top vertebra are facing left and my lower vertebra are facing right, I suffer from a neurological problem that is causing my eyes to not be able to dilate, my neck has lost all curve and is almost straight, and that my adrenal system is shot. Through a ton of appointments (trust me, I've been 7 times in 14 days) we've been able to correct some things already. And best of all, I'VE HAD 0 HEADACHES IN A 5 DAYS!
Our work isn't over yet. We've got a long way to. Do you know what I'm looking forward to most? Aside from the headaches being gone that is. It's getting my adrenal system and neurological problems fixed *hopefully*. Essentially because since my adrenal system is shot my body is unable to process stress. And not just physical stress, but emotional and mental stress too. It just can't. So to those of you who know that I have panic attacks quite frequently and absolutely cannot handle any sort of stress, this is why. Now I know that we all get stressed. But when I'm stressed here's what happens...
Let's say that I realize that I've accidentally not completed something on time for work. I will immediately feel like I'm going to throw up, I'll be on the verge of tears, I'll start shaking, make a mental list of all the people who will probably be mad at me for it, start freaking out about when I'll have to fess up to my mistake, and then I'll be unable to sleep and will most likely lay all night with a knot in my stomach worrying and feeling a lump in my throat. When I told my chiropractor about feeling like this she said it all made perfect sense. My body has completely shut down on how to process anything remotely stressful or anything that requires any sort of adrenaline. And it sucks. Big time. My body lacks the ability to produce that feeling that it's going to be okay and that everything will work out.
So I must say that after all these visits, the fact that we may be able to fix this is now top of my list. Truly. I know that I haven't always felt this way. But it's been a long time since I haven't. I already feel like I'm in the right place and cannot wait to keep going.
1 comment:
i'm SOOOO glad you went to the chiro and she helped you see what was going on. and even better that the headaches are going away!! i hope she can help you stay on the road to complete recovery...hugs hun!!
Post a Comment