Friday, August 8, 2008

I Just Can't Hide It

Welcome again to my super boring blog.

I just want you all to know that when I set up this blog, I assumed we be getting pregnant any day and I could use it to inform everyone about the pregnancy and my child. Since that didn't happen now you all are stuck with hearing about me. I'm not upset about it or anything, just a little explanation as to why my blog that should have been really interesting is sometimes lacking.

I'm still trying to work my way through the "His Dark Materials" series. It's not too bad, but it's certainly taking longer than I would have liked. Some parts are really interesting, but then others are just so hard to understand. The author doesn't always explain what he means so well.

I started training a new kid at work this week. He is super nice and a very quick learner. I should have expected it being that he's Hillary's brother. She is a fabulous barista so it must run in the family. Training people always tends to frustrate me though. I've been doing this for so long (almost 8 years now) that I tend to forget how hard it can be to learn. I just keep wondering why they don't learn faster until I am reminded about how it took me awhile to learn too. I just need to work on my patience. That's what this last year has been though I guess; a year to work on my patience.

I don't think anything else really exciting is going on. I'm still slacking on my cross stitching. I really need to stop that. I am such a procrastinator. It's one of my many faults I suppose.

Juls' birthday is in 8 days and I finally found a present for her. I want to get her something else small, but hopefully she'll like what I've found so far. Now I'll just have to wait until she moves and has an permanent address before I mail it.

Well, I'm off to finish my super long book. Have a great evening!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

baked those brownies yet or do I need to make them myself?

Anonymous said...

Well, hello.

I guess I should have been more attentive to blogspot because I sound all special on your blog! Ha ha!

Katie, I'm a freaking wreck and I wish you were here already. But that just makes me remember that I wouldn't have anywhere to put you if you were!

I think we should all move to Colorado or something! It's further west for you and less expensive for us. I'm a genius. Admit it.