It's now 2009. I have to say that 2008 was most certainly not a bad year, but it had it's ups and downs.
My recap of 2008:
My grandfather passed away the same week that our baby's would-have-been due date was. In fact, the funeral was that same day. It was tough and many tears were shed later. I never thought I'd have to deal with both things at once.
I made one of my best friends, Juls. And then she moved. Happy and sad both! Good news is that we're still friends with many trips planned on my end to go see her. Definitely one of the highlights of 2008.
My mom was diagnosed with cancer and has since recovered completely. A very scary challenge, but we're really glad that she's okay now. We couldn't have asked for anything more.
Nick and I celebrated 2 years of marriage and 4 years together. Very exciting! He's definitely the biggest blessing in my life.
I celebrated lots of time with Shannon and I like to think we're even closer. You should all be jealous that I get to live with my super cool sister. Haha!
I spent more time with my dad. I love my dad and love spending time with him so it was a very good thing.
I got my referral to a fertility center. We can finally start getting answers about what's going on and will hopefully be able to solve any problems.
What I hope for in 2009:
We're buying a house and I'm sure it will be wonderful. Very exciting for us!
Hopefully once we solve any problems on the fertility end we'll be having a baby by the end of 2009. I'm sure hopeful.
I'd love to spend more time with friends and family. Hopefully Nick, Shannon, and I can spend more time together. And hopefully I spend more time with the other people important in my life.
I'd like to lose 15 pounds this year. I'm a little heavier than I'd like so we'll see. I'm going to try to eat better and work out a little bit more.
I'm sure there's more that I'll be able to add later, but that's it for now. I hope you all have a fantastic 2009 and I look forward to having you in my life this year!!
2 comments:
Personally, I hope you're packing on the pounds this year. 25-35 at least. That's what's healthy for a pregnant lady. So fingers crossed!
You're the best lady. I miss you a ton.
Dude Slim...you didn't even mention meeting us.
I'm going to go cry now. ;)
Post a Comment