Friday, November 21, 2014

Big Changes. Big, Big Changes.

As I sat down to write this I was distracted by reading older posts I'd written.  Which evidently were almost two and a half years ago.  It was interesting to me that even years ago, I'd had it in my mind that I wanted to be a full-time stay at home wife.  Here I am...finally have achieved what was my dream. 


I'm hoping to revive my blog so the people I love can keep up with all the happenings in Florida.  Now that we've moved, I feel like I can't keep everyone in the loop and there are so many things I forget to share! 

Well, I do stay at home now.  Which I find extremely fulfilling and very satisfying.  It's wonderful to be able to clean, do laundry, grocery shop, etc while Nick is at work.  Then when he comes home we can spend time together instead of working on boring chores.  I'm cooking every day during the week and I love finding fresh, unique ingredients. 

Living in Jacksonville is fun, but a little lonely.  It's hard to lay down roots in a place you know you'll be leaving in four to six months.  The best part though is this...



We are lucky enough to live about 10 minutes from the beach.  It's so close.  Yesterday I was feeling a little down and homesick so I up and went to the beach.  It was chilly and fairly empty, but so nice and relaxing. 

The last day or so I've definitely been homesick.  I was so used to going out with my friends and family numerous times during the week, so this has definitely been a drastic change.  When Nick is home it isn't so bad, but this past week he was gone Sunday evening through late Wednesday.  It is an adjustment that I'll have to make.  Once we get settled in our more permanent location next spring I'll be able to make friends and put down roots to build a life there. 

One day at a time.


No comments: